Sulphur Spring, TX
October 17-20, 2018
October 18-20, 2018
HERE WE COME!!!!
Vendors may enter the building after 12:00 noon on Oct. 17, 2018.
FOR THE LATEST INFO, PLEASE SEE THE WHITE BOARD BY THE REGISTRATION DESK
You can download the 2018 Cushman State Registration Form here in PDF format.
This is the PDF of the Schedule.
The Newsletter is being mailed the last of July so you will have all the information.
The plans are being made to provide you with a great time in Sulphur Springs, TX
There will be a Fall Festival event this same week in Sulphur Springs, so make your hotel reservations early.
The following is a list of hotels with their phone numbers. No rooms have been blocked, so make your own reservations.
Sulphur Springs Hotel Accommodations
Holiday Inn Express
411 Industrial Drive East
1202 Mockingbird Lane
La Quinta Inn and Suites
1344 Eaton Drive
Best Western Trail Dust Inn and Suites
1521 Shannon Road East
Days Inn and Suites
1521 Industrial Drive East
Camping will be available at the Civic Center. $35 per night. Electricity and water. Dump station is available on site.
No reservations needed.
From the Wagon Master, Ben Sargent:
Hopkins County Civic Center at 1200 Houston St., Sulphur Springs, Texas has 40 R.V. hook-ups with 30/50 AMP service and water. A dump station is available. NO sewer hook-ups. NO RESERVATIONS NEEDED.
All R.V. spots are on grass and/or gravel or dirt. NO R.V. parking on the paved parking lot. This parking lot belongs to the school. There are ample spots for Outside Venders on the grass in front of the building.
Shady Lake R.V. Park, 2306 Tx Hwy 195. Phone # 903-885-8885, is 4.5 miles from the Civic Center. They have full hook-ups. You will need to make your reservations with them if you need full hook-ups.
100 YEAR CLUB RIDE 2018
36th Texas State Meet
As a reminder to all Cushman club members, we will be doing the 100 Year Club ride again this year at the state meet. For those who are not familiar with the 100 Year Club, you too can be a member IF:
- You have a 100 percent Cushman scooter, i.e., no Mikuni carbs, no non-Cushman engines, no custom frames, lights, etc.Only those items that came from Cushman Motor Works, or were Cushman accessories available when the scooters were in production. Only one exception: you may have updated tires and rims for safety reasons.
- Your age, plus your scooter’s age is equal to, or greater than, 100 years.
- You register and pay your $7.00 registration fee at the meet (pays for patches & trophies).
We will all line up according to your combined age, and do a short ride around town to show off our true vintage scooters. You receive a patch and get a chance to win trophies “Unrestored Best of Show”, “Restored Best of Show” and/or “Highest Combined Years”.
Texas Cushman Club
Member No. 1545
SHOW SCOOTER CLASSES
Listed below are the Show Scooter Classes and a short definition where noted.
- Original unrestored Cushman –A scooter that is as it left the factory, with expected wear and tear. One that has not been restored or repainted. The standard score sheet will be used for judging.
- Restored Eagle (Cast Iron)
- Restored OMC Eagle
- Restored Trailster
- Restored Three Wheeler
- Restored Step-thru Cushman and Allstate
- Custom Class –Cushman Powered,voted on by members
- Modified Class –NonCushman Powered, voted on by members
Any scooter entered in the Customor Modified Class must have a Cushman manufactured frame and at least three of the following from the Cushman Parts List.
Cushman Parts List
- Rear fender or cover
- Front fender or cover
- Gas tank
- Wheels or Hub
- Handlebars or steering wheel
- Front fork
- Senior Class –Cushman prior first place scooter.
Paul Covert High Point Scooter –The scooter from above that scores the highest points on the Judges Score Sheets. Named in memory of Paul Covert for his contributions to the Texas Cushman Club as a friend, parts supplier, and restorer.
People’s Choice– Voted on by members for their favorite show scooter.
Scooter Games and Sled Pull will be lead by Bill and Belinda Beck and Jack Hadlock on Thursday beginning at 2:00.