PDF to print calendar:
2018 Basic List of Events
January 1, 2018
– New Year Year’s Ride – San Angelo, TX
Meet in San Angelo at 2:00 pm for lunch at Zetner’s Daughter Restaurant and depending on the weather to ride after Lunch. Contact: Raymond Love (806) 759-8870
February 23rd – 25th, 2018
– Wise County Swap Meet – Decatur, TX -First major swap meet of the new year with lots of parts. For more info contact the swap meet at (940) 389-0054
or Don Henry who will be setting up there at (325) 692-3749
March 16th & 17th, 2018 – 12th Annual Carmine Rides – Carmine, TX
Come join us in Carmine, Texas (about 20 miles west of Brenham on US290) this spring! Here’s what we have planned:
Dates: Friday, March 16th and Saturday, March 17th:
The rides start at 9:30, so those coming from a distance need to arrive on the 15th to make the 9:30 AM start time on the 16th.
Pecan Grove Inn B & B, 233 Augsburg Street in Carmine,www.pecangroveinn.com
. We (yes, that’s my wife and I) have six rooms. Call James or Jane Press at (281) 433-8845
to book or further information
April 13th – 14th, 2018
– Water Valley Ride To Eat
Those attending with RV’s there are hookups with water and electricity, $20.00/night, no reservations are required at the Park. There will be an afternoon ride for early arrivals on Thursday. Sunday morning Ben Sargent will serve a breakfast of pancakes, sausage and coffee for everyone to enjoy before breaking camp and returning home.
Contact: Ben Sargent (325) 234-5936
or Raymond Love (806) 759-8870
April 26th – April 29, 2018
– Pate Swap Meet – Texas Motor Speedway – Ft. Worth, TX One of the country’s largest swap meets with Cushman parts along with everything else. For more information call the Pate Swap Meet at (713) 649-0922
or Don Henry who will be setting up there (325) 692-3749
May 4th & 5th, 2018– West Texas Area Panhandle Meet, Amarillo, Texas. See blog post for updated info.
Plan to arrive on Thursday night (3rd) with rides on Friday and Saturday. Plans (in pencil for now, Feb. 28, 2018) are for a supper together on Thursday night. A ride to Russells’ Truck Stop in New Mexico on Friday with a pot luck supper that night. Saturday holds plans to go to the Flint Quarry.
The Oasis RV Park on the west side of Amarillo will be the headquarters. Mention you are with the Cushman group so you will be parked close to the event center.
For information on Motels and RV call Berry Smith (806) 336-2902
or Pete Henderson (806) 683-6690
May 11th & 12th, 2018 Central Texas Meet, Bastrop, Texas
Richard & Betty Kesselus Place 113 My Road
, Bastrop Texas 512 431 2940
Early Bird arrival after 12 noon Thursday May 10.
6: PM Dutch Treat Meal
Friday Coffee Donuts 8 AM, Ride 9 AM Fish Fry and social 6 PM
Saturday Ride to eat TBA. Group Dutch Treat Meal 6 PM
Sunday Breakfast Ride.
RV hook ups: 2 full hookups with 50 amps 1 with 50 amps and water. 4 with 30 amps and water
KOA 512 321 7500
Hotel/Motel Best Western 512 321 0900
, Budget Inn 512 321 6200, Comfort Suites 512 321 3377,
Hampton Inn 7 Suites 512 321 2898
, Holiday Inn Express 512 321 1900
June 4th – 8th, 2018– 36th National CCOA Meet – Sturgis, SD -Check CCOA Magazine for details.
The Cushman Club of America 36th annual meet will be held in Sturgis, South Dakota from June 4th thru the 8th, 2018. Any questions please contact Brent Landry, President, 936 718 0858.
JUNE 28-jULY 1 , 2018 POSSUM KINGDOM LAKE RIDE
HOTEL-Best Western, 1707 HW 16 South, Graham Tx. $81.00 per night if
reservation made in advance online. 940-521-0190
Dark Canyon RV Park-4908 HW 16 S, Graham Tx. $20.00 per night.
940-549-7530 Ask for Joe. He would like to know in advance if need 30-50
amp. Availability is ok now, but every other RV park is booked, so need
to book ASAP.
The hotel is located in the South end of Graham and the RV park is 4
miles South on same HWY 16.
FRIDAY RIDE is on the West side of the lake to Possum Kingdom State
Park. We will meet at Best Western at 8:30 and be ready to ride at 9:00.
We will ride through the park and head to Possum Hollow Restaurant for
lunch before heading back. Distance 72 miles
SATURDAY RIDE is to Marys Cafe for lunch. We will meet at Dark Canyon RV
park for drivers meeting at 8:30 and strart ride at 9:00. We will ride
to the peninsula that is the city of Possum Kingdom and to a observation
point for pictures and restroom. Then we will head to Palo Pinto,
Gordon, and Mingus on our way to Strawn for lunch. Distance 60 miles.
After lunch we will take a different route back to PK with several stops
along the way. There is a small park with restroom after about 30 miles.
Distance 55 miles.
Both of these rides are scenic for our part of the world. We can(and
probably will) put together rides for Thurs afternoon and Sunday morning.
Any questions call Gene Perry at 9727681081.
September 7th & 8th, 2018
– West Texas Area Fall Meet, Merkel, Tx. For those arriving early we will plan on a Thursday afternoon ride followed by country rides on Friday. Saturday we will do the annual West Texas Fair Parade in Abilene. Headquarters will be a the Windmill RV Park, 2398 FM 1235
& 1-20 in Merkel, TX. Their phone is (325) 928-0009
. Contact: Don Henry 325-692-3749
October 17th -20th, 2018
– Texas Cushman Club State Meet, Sulphur, Springs, Texas – The Texas Cushman Club will be having its 36th State Meet in Sulphur,Springs, Texas from Thursday through Saturday. The Schedule of Events will be posted as we get closer to the Meet. Contact: Brent Landry 936-718-0858
Nov. 15-17, 2018
– West Texas Area Cushman Meet , Corpus Christi, Texas. Our November ride to West Texas around Alpine and the Big Bend Area was such a huge success that we are going to Corpus Christi next November between Veterans Day and Thanksgiving. Hopefully the area will have made a comeback from the hurricane and we are past ready for gulf coast riding and great seafood. Hopefully we can get our South Texas friends to join us and have a good time. Haven’t made any plans, but put it on your calendar and if you have any ideas please let me know. Will have more details as we get closer. Contact Don Henry (325) 692-3749
December 30th – January 1, 2019 – Concho Valley/West Texas Area Christmas Party – Everyone in Texas is invited to join us for a combination Christmas/New Year’s party in Lubbock, Texas. Monday evening we will eat, have our usual Christmas gift exchange and celebrate the New Year. After lunch on New Year’s Day we will have our annual New Year’s ride to get the year started off on a Cushman Riding adventure. (It’s said that if you ride on the first day of the year, you will have a whole year of good riding ahead)